How is Britain changing?
Be inspired with videos, facts, features and further reading on how Britain is changing. Browse our resources to explore questions including:
A changing place in the EU
A changing population
- How is Britain changing ethnically and culturally?
- How is Britain’s class system changing?
- How can Britain adapt to an ageing population?
- What impact is migration having on the UK job market?
A changing economy
- How is manufacturing in Britain changing?
- Has capitalism failed?
- What will government devolution deals mean for the North of England?
- Will Big data have a big impact on our day to day lives?
- Can we keep up with the rapid changes the internet is having on our lives?
- Can we shrink the digital divide in the UK?
Changing built environments
- Can urban living be good for you?
- How can we ensure London’s infrastructure copes with a rising population?
- How can we marry the conflicting priorities between government and local communities?
- How can we deal with the housing crisis?
- Where should we build houses in and around London?
Changing interaction with the environment
- How can Britain adapt to the impacts of a changing climate?
- How can we improve air quality?
- Are we doing enough to protect the British countryside from plant and animal diseases?
- How can we continue to protect London from flooding?
Changing availability of natural resources
- Can we make UK businesses more sustainable?
- How can we improve water efficiency in the UK?
- How can we use resources more sustainably?
All the Challenges can viewed on the Challenges page.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org if there’s anything you need help with.
More resources can be found on the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)’s website.